The microSD card for the Contour+ must be formatted in the camera in order to work properly.
To format the microSD card for the Contour+ follow these steps:
- Power off the camera.
- Remove the microSD card from the camera.
- Power on the camera WITHOUT the microSD card installed. The camera will beep three times.
- Insert the microSD card securely in to the camera's card slot.
- Using a pin or paperclip, push and hold down the pinhole Format button located above the microSD card slot. Continue to hold the Format button until the camera beeps once and the microSD card LED flashes once.
- Release the pinhole button only after the formatting is complete.
- Power off the camera by holding down the power button for 3-5 seconds.
- Power up the camera again. The camera should have zero video files on it and be ready to shoot footage.
Warning: Formatting the microSD card will erase all data on the card.
*SandDisk Ultra cards are not compatible with Contour cameras. Learn more here.