1. Download the Contour Connect App from the Apple App store or the Android Marketplace. You can find it by searching for "Contour Connect" or by going here: http://contour.com/connect for direct links.
2. Make sure you have updated your firmware by plugging your camera into your computer and opening StoryTeller. If an update is available, Storyteller will give you the option to download the update. Once the firmware has downloaded, you will then be directed to a webpage with installation instructions.
You can also manually reload the latest available firmware by following the steps for the Contour+ on this page
3. Turn on the camera's Bluetooth button by pressing the Bluetooth button for 5 seconds and then releasing the button. This button is located directly in front of the record slider - it's the same button used when updating the firmware. The light at the bottom-front of the camera should start flashing blue. Note: If at this point you instead hear three beeps, please plug your camera into your computer, open StoryTeller, wait 30 seconds, and then safely eject your camera from your computer.
4. On the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch go to Settings -> General -> Bluetooth.
On Android devices, go to Settings -> Wireless and Network -> Bluetooth Settings.
5. Your device will search for the camera. When you see it displayed, tap on the camera's name in the list to pair it with your device. On Android devices, you will see the message "paired but not connected." This is normal.
6. When the camera and your device have been paired, you can then open the Contour App to set up your shot and configure your camera. Once you start recording on the camera, the Bluetooth connection is closed between the camera and the phone. Note: If the Contour app gives you a message stating that you need to update your firmware when this has just been performed, please try restarting your phone and trying again.