The ContourGPS must be formatted with the formatting “pinhole” button on the camera. To format a microSD card, follow the steps below.
Please note that all data on the microSD card will be lost during the format and that the record switch must not be in the forward position during this process.
- Power up the camera withOUT the microSD card installed.
- The camera wil beep 3 times. Now install the microSD card.
- Using a pin or small nail, push and hold down the pinhole "formatting" button located above the microSD card slot. The camera will beep once when the format is complete.
- Release the pinhole button only after the camera beeps.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Power off the camera by holding down the power button for 3-5 seconds.
- Power up the camera again. The camera should have zero video files on it and be ready to shoot footage.
*SandDisk Ultra cards are not compatible with Contour cameras. Learn more here.