If you have a ContourGPS, Contour+, or ContourROAM, please refer to their sections of the help pages for information on how to format microSD cards for those cameras.
- Attach the ContourHD via the USB cable to your computer.
- Open ‘My Computer’ (or ‘Computer’) and locate the drive letter for the Contour – it should say “CONTOURHD (E:)” (the drive letter may vary).
- If there are any files on the Contour drive (assuming the corruption has not made them inaccessible), you will want to copy them to your hard drive before formatting, as formatting will erase all data.
- Right-click on the Contour drive letter, then left-click on Format.
- Check “quick format” and then click “Start” to perform the format. Or, if you have some time, it is advisable to not check the “quick format” option, and let a full format occur. This will take significantly longer than the “quick format.”
- Remove the Contour from the computer, remove the USB cable, turn the camera off, remove the SD Card, put the SD Card back in, secure the latch, power up the camera, shoot some videos, and see if the problem has resolved.
- Find the “Disk Utility” (should be found by going to your “Applications” folder and then your “Utilities” folder)
- Select the SD card drive and select “Erase”
- Use MSDOS FAT setting and select “Erase”
- Click on the “Partition” Tab
- Select the pull-down menu beneath the text “Volume Scheme:” labeled “Current” and select “1 Partition”
- Click the “Options...” button
- Select “Master Boot Record” and click “OK”
- Verify that the format is selected as MS-FAT under “Volume Information”
- Click the “Apply” button
- When you get the dialog box, click the “Partition” button
*SandDisk Ultra cards are not compatible with Contour cameras. Learn more here.