If you’re having issue formatting the microSD card in-camera on the ContourGPS, Contour+, or Contour ROAM there are two other methods you can try.
After trying one of these methods, then go back and repeat the in-camera formatting method for your specific model of camera.
SD Card formatting Tool:
- Go to - https://www.sdcard.org/downloads. Download the latest version of the formatting tool for your computer and install the software with the instructions contained on the page. Attach the camera (or an SD Card reader, if you are using one instead) via the USB cable to your computer.
- Double-click the SDFormatter icon on your desktop.
- Click the “Format” button to reformat the microSD Card.
- Remove the cameras from the computer and then reformat the microSD card using the in-camera method.
Connect your camera to your computer and then follow the steps below appropriate for your computer type.
- Attach the ContourHD via the USB cable to your computer.
- Open ‘My Computer’ (or ‘Computer’) and locate the drive letter for the Contour – it should say “CONTOURHD (E:)” (the drive letter may vary).
- If there are any files on the Contour drive (assuming the corruption has not made them inaccessible), you will want to copy them to your hard drive before formatting, as formatting will erase all data.
- Right-click on the Contour drive letter, then left-click on Format.
- Check “Quick Format”. Click “Start” to perform the format.
- Remove the Contour from the computer.
- Find the “Disk Utility” (should be found by going to your “Applications” folder and then your “Utilities” folder)
- Select the SD card drive and select “Erase”
- Use MSDOS FAT setting and select “Erase”
- Click on the “Partition” Tab
- Select the pull-down menu beneath the text “Volume Scheme:” labeled “Current” and select “1 Partition”
- Click the “Options...” button
- Select “Master Boot Record” and click “OK”
- Verify that the format is selected as MS-DOS FAT under “Volume Information”
- Click the “Apply” button
- When you get the dialog box, click the “Partition” button