Firmware version 1.17
Date Posted: 9/2/10
The following firmware upgrade corrects a minor vertical centering discrepancy when shooting with the ContourHD 1080p camera in 720p mode.
NOTE: This firmware upgrade is NOT for the ContourHD. The firmware upgrade is only for the ContourHD 1080p Camera only (Model#1300).
Follow These Instructions Carefully
Before you begin to upgrade your firmware please understand that if you do not follow the directions carefully there is a chance you can damage your camera or render it inoperable.
Part 1: Download The Firmware
Insert a formatted microSD memory card into your camera.
Please see these instructions if your card is not already formatted.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged and then turn on your camera.
- Connect your camera to your computer via a USB cable.
- Download firmware version 1.17 for 1080p
Unzip the file and then copy the “contourhd_1080.bin” file into the root directory of the SD card.
- Eject/remove your camera from your computer and disconnect the USB cable.
Part 2: Upgrade Your Firmware
During the FW upgrade, it is critical that the camera does not lose power and the SD card is not removed. If either of these happens during the upgrade, the camera will be inoperable.
- Ensure your camera has a fully charged battery.
- Do not shake the camera and do not lay it down during the upgrade because sudden movement with the back door open can cause the battery to momentarily lose contact.
With the door open press the small square power button once (located between the SD card slot and battery slot) to turn the camera on.
- While the Firmware is upgrading, the lights on the back will alternate red until the FW upgrade is complete. Do not interrupt the power or remove the SD card while the lights are blinking.
- The firmware upgrade is complete when both lights are green. The update should take less than thirty seconds.
The next step is very important! Do not press the power button, but instead press on the SD card to eject it. If you accidently press the power button, wait at least 60 seconds to make sure the upgrade does not restart.
- Place the SD card back in the camera.
Part 3: Delete Firmware File
- Without turning your camera back on, reattach your camera to your computer with your USB cable
- Remove or delete "contour_1080.bin" file from your SD card.
- Unplug your camera and turn it on. Your camera's firmware has been upgraded.