The ContourGPS, Contour+, and Contour+2 cameras all have the ability to connect to most Android devices using Bluetooth. This connection allows you to change settings on the camera without connection to a computer and also allows for the remote starting and stopping of recording.
Only Android devices running version 2.3 or higher are supported.
1. Download the Contour Connect app from the Google Play App store. You can find it by searching for "Contour" or by going here: http://store.contour.com/ae/us/connect/icat/connect/ for direct links.
2. Make sure you have updated your firmware on your camera. You will need the latest firmware in order to connect to the Contour Connect app. Got to this page and follow the firmware update instructions for your model of camera:
3. Turn on the camera's Bluetooth radio. Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the camera for at least five seconds. This puts the camera in to pairing mode. Pressing the Bluetooth button for less and five seconds assumes that the camera is already paired with a device and reactivates an existing connection. It will only create a new pairing if the camera is in paring mode.
4. Activate the Bluetooth feature on you Android device. This is usually under Settings -> Wireless and Network -> Bluetooth Settings.
5. The Android device will search for the camera. When you see it displayed on the screen, tap on the camera's name to pair it with your device. You will see the message "Connected" when the pairing is successful.
6. Once the camera and your device have been paired, open the Contour Connect app.