Mac won't find Contour ROAM2 and 32 gb micro sd card not working
My mac will not read the camera when it is plugged in. I have tried using a USB 2.0 hub as well and it does not show up in Finder nor in Storyteller. I am trying to have it show up to update the firmware, which I believe is the problem with the 32 gb card not working. What should I do? The camera is a Contour Roam2 less than 1 year old.
Thanks for contacting Contour Technical Support. Before Storyteller will recognize the camera, your computer must see it first. There are a few different possible reasons that your computer can't see the camera. Here are some steps you can use to try and correct the problem.
1) Make sure that the microSD card is properly seated in the camera. Eject the microSD card and then reinsert it, checking to be sure that the card clicks in to place.
2) Try reformatting the microSD card. WARNING, this will erase all the data on the microSD card. Follow the steps found here for formatting the microSD card for your model of camera: http://bit.ly/rXrSVp
3) Try using a different USB port on the computer. Not all USB ports are powered the same way. This is especially true on laptops. There is usually one port that has power and the other ports are wired from that "master" port. The camera needs to have the full load of power in order to charge the battery and also act as a microSD card card reader.
4) Try using a different USB cable. There is nothing special about the USB cable that we include with the camera and it is possible that you have a bad cord. Any USB cord with the correct ends will work. If you don't have an extra cord, let me know and I can mail one out to you.
5) Try using a different computer. This to eliminate your computer as issue and try to isolate it to the camera.
6) Try using a different microSD card. If you have swapped out the original microSD card for a different one, the new card may need to be formatted. Since the camera is not showing up on your computer you may need to use a microSD card reader.
If these steps don't help, let me know. The more details you can provide, the better I'll be able to assist you.
Thanks, Contour Support.
*To update date your profile image add an image at gravatar.com.
This question has received the maximum number of answers.