Old Contour GPS won't go into Bluetooth pairing mode or record now.
I have a Contour GPS (pre Bluetooth labeled button, purchased 4/2011) and it will not go into pairing mode. I tried holding the "hidden" button for any where from 3 to 10 seconds and nothing.
The front lower LED flashes Green unless I go outside then it will go steady green (satelite acquired I believe).
If I press the power button again the 2 Red LED's near the lens come on and the two rear Green LED's will come on for about 20 seconds then go off.
Now when I slide it on to record nothing happens!
Note: I have upgraded camera firmware to FW version:GPS V1.20.15 and I am pretty sure it recorded after that but not since I have tried to get bluetooth to pair.
Thanks for contacting Contour Technical Support. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your camera. I'd like to take a look at the FW_RTC.txt file form the microSD card of the camera. This is a hidden file be default so let me know if you need help finding it. Also do not confuse it with the FW_RTC_DEFAULTS.txt. That is a different file.
Once have that file, send it to me.
Also, I suggest that you charge the camera for at least 4 hours and then that you reformat the microSD card.
The microSD cards for the ContourGPS must be formatted with the formatting “pinhole” button on the camera.
Please note that all data on the microSD card will be lost during the format process.
To format a microSD card, do the following:
1. Power off the camera.
2. Remove the microSD card from the camera.
3. Power up the camera with the microSD card removed. The camera will TRIPLE beep and the microSD card LED on the lower rear of the camera will flash red and the front record LED will flash red/yellow, indicating the microSD card is missing.
4. Leave the camera power up and insert the microSD card.
5. Using a pin or small nail, push and hold down the pinhole "formatting" button located above the SD card slot. The camera will beep once when the format is complete.
6. Release the pinhole button only after the camera beeps.
7. Power off the camera by holding down the power button for 3-5 seconds.
8. Power up the camera. The camera should boot normally and be ready to shoot video.
*To update date your profile image add an image at gravatar.com.
This question has received the maximum number of answers.